Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Our Girls

So these are the girls!!! Yes, this project is for our little ones but the coop we are a building is for our girls: Chipmunk (she's an Amerucana), Rosie Rowan(New Hampshire red), Sleepy(Barred Rock) and Ella (Jersey Giant). They are very sweet and cheeky. And they all have interesting personalities. I think Aly's Chipmunk is going to be our top hen its only been a week and the other chicks defer to her. Rosie Rowan is by far the sweetest and loves a good neck scratch. Sleepy well she's just that and eh likes to lay her neck on everyone else when sleeping.

AS for me I have taken on the mother hen role with these babies. I watch over them nervously ..not as much now but still. I check their tushies(vents) for pasting up(poo stuck to their bums)Ive wiped them, I clean out the aquarium,feed them and watch over the kids as they handle them.

I would have never thought of myself or the family as ever being chicken keepers..but here we are. I will be so happy when our newest editions can go outside to their new home ...three more weeks!!

No comments: