Thursday, January 19, 2012
Someone is laying eggs!!!
This morning I ran out to the coop to open the door and give our ladies some yummy table scraps and I just had this random impression to look in the nesting box..surely there would be no eggs in there it isn't time yet ...and behold there were two!!I ran in and showed Rowan and asked her who laid the eggs? She replied, "Oh that's easy Rosie Rowan( of course Rowan's) laid the first one to show chipmunk(Aly's) how." Its funny but I am a little apprehensive about consuming them. They seem well a little precious. I was kind of thinking that these hens give birth to an egg soon to be everyday wow.. what an achievement! I feel just a teensy weensy bit guilty about taking something they're bodies worked really hard to create. Ohhh, I know, I know.. what do we have chickens for if not for the added benefit of eggs? However, I am a little surprised that I feel this way. Anyways...very exciting!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment